Monday, June 1, 2009

That Second Skin

As they resurrected their way back to fashion in '06, I thought the era of the leggings ended along with the year and won't be back at least for a decade. But that notion was wrong.

After they disappeared for a while (at least from my sight) , it crept its way back to fashionista's wardrobe recently. But this time, instead of being plain colored or with a touch of a bit of lace at the end, it came back with a twist!

The most popular would be wet look leggings which looks like leather. I guess the one responsible for making it ubiquitous would be Rihanna.

Image taken from here


But it didn't stop there. There's also printed leggings, which doesn't really suit to my liking. But who knows, maybe I might change my mind someday and eventually wear them? In fact, after looking at the picture below, I started to be somewhat interested in getting one. Hmm...

Image taken from here

And there's also denim leggings, which is my current obsession. While looking for a pair of skinny jeans last weekend in Topshop last weekend, my mother got these leggings instead.


This is a good alternative to those who fancy skinny jeans but want to give their leg a break from that tightness. I was going to buy one too, actually. But I already fell in love with this skinny jeans and couldn't resist in purchasing them Hence I was broke and got to hold that idea until payday arrives. *sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment